Friday, September 13, 2013

Running on Fumes

By Keith N Fisher


Alegripphotos.com
I’ve been fighting sleeplessness and injuries for a couple of weeks. Life is tough right? I was lying on my stomach, changing a couple of bad valves in my sprinkler system. Suddenly, (useless adverb) a pain hit me in my side, kind of like somebody slapping my bare skin with the palm of their hand, or a rubber band. It laid me out on the grass and took a while for me to recover well enough to continue the job.
That night I couldn’t find a comfortable position to sleep, and that continued for a while. It was hard to write, and I couldn’t concentrate on editing. I was like a car with an empty gas tank, running on fumes. Then, after a few days, it seemed better, I thought the pain would go away. Indeed, when I started writing this post, I had the intention of saying, I was back to work now, and boy did it feel good.

I should’ve knocked on wood, because it came back with a vengeance. Never the less I must write. I did the edits from my proofreader, and I’m trying to catch up.

On the LDS Writer’s Blogck, I started a quote contest, so I’ve been searching old books and movies. Make sure you g there and leave a comment on my blog posts. I’m running the contest for a month before I take all the names of those commenting and put them in the drawing. Yes, you can enter more than once.

I’ve sent emails to the publisher and still haven’t heard anything about The Hillside after a year and half. I guess I’ll submit it to somebody else, but I might rewrite it for the national market first. Maybe I’ll self publish. I’ve got several books ready, but I was hoping for the publishing credit first.

Well, there’s the gas station—time to refill the tank.

No comments: