Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Little Look at Life

By Keith N Fisher

It’s Saturday, and I haven’t written a post yet. I’d better think of something . . . Did you ever notice everybody has problems? Makes it hard to feel sorry for yourself. We pass through trials and think, Surely I can take no more. Then, we read about others.

I haven’t gotten much real writing done lately. It’s been hard to focus on anything but my trials. As you know, I lost my glasses in my accident and riding in a car at night can be what a friend of mine used to call a "Hippie Trip". Lights are like star bursts and you can’t really tell where you are.

Notice I said riding, not, driving. Besides the handicap of blindness, I’ve been afraid. Luckily, I’m blessed with a good wife who’s been taking me to work. Reliving the experience of finding myself hanging out of a broken window has been hard, but others have greater problems. Look at G. Parker’s blog post from yesterday.

Also, my friend was attacked and almost killed at work, but she had the courage to go back. Getting back on the horse that threw you has always been hard, but everyone agrees it must be done. She talks about turning her writing into a full time occupation.

My glasses came in the other day, and nobody was home. My remaining vehicle waited in the driveway. I had to get them, but I couldn’t face my fears. Finally with a prayer in my heart, and cold sweat on my brow, I went down to get them. I faced my fears.

I know I’m not the only person to pass this way, there have been many. Financial problems are nothing, compared to watching your baby struggle in an incubator. Life was never supposed to be easy. We couldn’t learn if it were. Having others care for us makes all the difference, but caring for others helps us grow, and it’s what God intended.

I will get back on my horse and we’ll ride off into the sunset, but I want to thank all those who help in small ways. Don’t forget to notice others. Help them. Be there for them. You can’t take their troubles away, but you can hold their hand.

Now I’m off my soapbox, perhaps I’ll get some writing done. Good luck with your writing—see you next week.
 

No comments: